I’ve been working hard for a long time — building an all new web-based editor for Akoma Ntoso. We will be showing it for the first time at the upcoming Akoma Ntoso LEX Summer School in Washington D.C.
Unlike our earlier AKN/Editor, this editor is a pure XML editor designed from the ground up using the XML capabilities that modern browsers possess. This editor is much more robust, more precise, and is very scalable.
- Configurable XML models — including Akoma Ntoso and USLM
- Edit full documents or portions of large documents
- Flexible selection and editing regardless of XML structure
- Built-in redlining (change tracking) supporting textual AND structural changes
- Browse document sources with drag-and-drop.
- Full undo & redo
- Customizable attribute editor
- Search and replace
- Modular architecture to allow for extensive customization
- XML-based editing component
- DOM 4 support
- XPath Support
- CSS Styling
- Sophisticated event model
- HTTP-based resolver architecture for retrieving documents
- Interpret citations
- Deference URLs
- WebDAV adaptors to document repositories
- Query repositories with XQuery or databases with SQL
- AngularJS-based User Interface using HTML5
- Component modules for easy customization
- XML repository for storing documents
- Integrate any XML repository
- Built-in support for eXist-db
- Validation & Publishing
- XML Schema validator
- XSL-FO publishing
We’ll reveal a lot more at the LEX Summer School later this month! If you’re interested in our QuickStart beta program, drop me a note at email@example.com.